Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I did something on my keyboard that has resulted in blue marks

I did something on my keyboard that has resulted in blue marks (paragraph symbols, etc.) on ALL of my Word documents. I have not been able to undo it. How can I get back to my original document format?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Microsoft Office / Word 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.?

And do you have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a Mac and Microsoft office 2008.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have Office 2008 for Mac.

Thank you. On the Standard Toolbar in Office / Word 2008, click on the button with the paragraph ¶ symbol in order to turn off / on these blue marks.

Note: If you do not see the Standard toolbar showing showing, then from the main menu in Office/Word, go to the View menu at the top, then Toolbars option, then when the box opens, put checkbox next to Standard and Format Menu bar.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That did the job. I don't know how I clicked on the paragraph symbol,

which I had not noticed. I'm a writer, and I have been using this programme for years. What a costly mistake I made this morning!

Thanks for your help,

Nedra

You're welcome. Great. You could also have done this by accident: when in Office / Word 2008, press at the same time the two keys Command and 8 on your keyboard in order to turn off / on these blue marks.

If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you,