KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Hello support, I am having a lot of difficulty sending

Hello support,
I am having a lot of difficulty sending and receiving emails over the last few weeks to certain people with no apparent consistency of reason.
Some mails go to *****@******.*** and he receives them some days and other days he gets nothing from me but they might all come though to his in box three weeks later !.
I have contacted out email host provider and they say that they can see the mails leaving the server but *****@******.*** is not receiving them on different days.
My outgoing mail server SMTP is mail.vodafone.ie. My IP address is 109.79.206.85.
I am using office outlook 2007.
I’m not sure if it is a yahoo issue or an outlook issue or a Vodafone issue hence my email to you all.
Today I created a Microsoft account and added a phone number which said would increase my daily limits but I’m not sure if that is going to solve my problem.
I am able to get lots of other mails in and out with no difficulty and the only contents of my junk folder is genuine junk.,
Any advice please ? It’s very frustrating not knowing if *****@******.*** is going to get my mail or not. I also got a bounce back from *****@******.*** the other day now.
See sample messages below.
The following message to was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) [Default] 421-'4.7.1 [TS03] All messages from 213.233.128.44 will be permanently deferred; Retrying will NOT succeed. See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts03.html'
The reason for the problem:
5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) [Default] 421-"RP-001 (COL004-MC5F19) Unfortunately, some messages from 213.233.128.43 weren't sent. Please try again. We have limits for how many messages can be sent per hour and per day. You can also refer to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors."
The reason for the problem:
5.4.7 - Delivery expired (message too old) [Default] 421-'4.7.0 [TS01] Messages from 213.233.128.43 temporarily deferred due to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts01.html'
Please can you help.
Kate Guerin Ireland
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 2 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

The only problem i see on your end is that your IP address is blocked, and what i conclude from that is because of the settings you keep getting blocked, and when your IP renews, your mail client tries to resend the messages, and when it does that the message is too old to be accepted by some recepients (OR), all the mails go out from your end all together, which makes the recipient receive all together.

Can you confirm me your e-mail account settings?

Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution

Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $44 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen).

If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above.

If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kamil,

My email account settings are

*****@******.***

account type pop3

Please tell me the outgoing server address, port, ssl settings, and the settings in the outgoing server tab.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

outgoing mail server is mail.vodafone.ie

port 25

there are no ssl authentication settings for the outgoing server

What is the part after the @ symbol of your email address?
See image below for the outgoing server tab, i need to know what settings do you have here?

And also try to send a message, then click send/receive, then look at the bot***** *****ne of the outlook and see if send/receive reports any errors, there should be an error number like 0x800xxx
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All of that tab is blank.

When I send a message there is no error as it says all mails went out ok so there is no 0x800xxx message in the send/receive dialog box

try to send an email to your own email and see if you receive it or not. That is the best way to check, whether your sending is working or not.
also, on this tab place a check on
"my outgoing server requires authentication" and then also check "use same settings as my incoming mail server"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've done that and a mail to myself has gone through.

I've no problem with 99% of my incoming and outgoing mails.

My problem is the intermittent blocking of mails to *****@******.*** and also to the outlook address for *****@******.***

If you have done the settings in the outgoing tab, as suggested above, your mails should now reach the recipients without problems. Your must authenticate with smtp before sending mail, some mail servers (recipients) do not accept mail if it is not authenticated (this was the case) which with the new setting should now be resolved.

And if you can take a second to rate my service below that will be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This hasn't explained why some of Liams emails come thru and other don't ?

Kate

Is Liam the recipient?

This is what was happening.

- You were not authenticating to SMTP Server and as a result mails were getting rejected by some recipients.

- As a result of no authentication, your IP 109.79.206.85 was blocked.

- When your Internet renewed your IP, mails were immediately sent all at once.

- Then, again because of no authentication, your new IP was also blocked.

Every mail server has their own setting, some are allowed to accept mails from unauthenticated servers, some are not. However, all your mails should now go fine.

Are you still having issues?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just so I understand, my IP address changes regularly ? How often would that happen.?

Will the problem be stopped now because I have created authentication in my outlook settings ?

Kate

Kate
This depends on the ISP, not sure because it is something only the ISP would know. The problem will now be stopped, because you are now authenticating.
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I sent ten mails to Liam an hour ago after I did the authentication and he hasn't received them. Will they not go through until the IP address changes again ?

I removed your IP address from the spamhaus database, so ip shouldn't be an issue. Can i connect to your computer remotely to take a look at the issue directly?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Doesn't this cost money to connect remotely ?

I'll do it without extra charges.
Please click the link below:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=910075
OR >>>CLICK ME<<<
A program called 'support-logmeinrescue.exe' will be downloaded.
Click on the downloaded file and click run.
If asked by system to allow the file to run, select "Yes/Allow/OK"