KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Hi, I have a problem with both my desktop PC and my laptop.

Hi, I have a problem with both my desktop PC and my laptop. Every time I launch Outlook Express all my old emails start to download about 5010 which are held on my Yahoo account through Sky. I am unable to view my current emails because of this. The problem has just developed over the last 10 days. I can send emails but as I say I only receive the old emails. I do however not have this problem with my I-phone as I only receive my current emails. I have spoken with Sky and they have refered me to you. I wonder if you can help please?
Kindest regards
***** *****
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Are the 5000 messages residing in your webmail account? Outlook Express is known to be buggy, and it is very old.
I would suggest that you switch to Thunderbird which should fix the issue, or if you still wish to use Outlook then i would suggest you switch to IMAP instead of POP3.
Let me know what would you like to do
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $44 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen).
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your answere. I am not sure what Thunderbird is so I will stay with Outlook. If I swith to IMAP instead of POP3 will that have an effect on my IPhone?

Thunderbird is a free e-mail client like Outlook.
I think your phone is already setup as IMAP, if not then you can set it up as IMAP.
It will have the same effect everywhere, ex: if you delete an email on iPhone, it will be deleted on outlook as well and the webmail too.
IMAP is the better option when you need to check your emails from multiple devices, such as a work laptop, a home computer, or a tablet, smartphone, or other mobile device
POP downloads emails to keep a local copy, which is what you're experiencing, it is downloading mails again and again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help. It looks as though I need to change to IMAP as I have multiple devises such as a smart phone, ipad laptop and a desktop computer. All of which I use to access my emails. I will change over and keep my fingers crossed that it is successful. Thank you for your help and advice.

Kindest regards

You're Welcome. If you need help at any point, let me know.