Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have tried many times to get back into my Hotmail account

I have tried many times to get back into my Hotmail account by filling in the form but am told I don't have enough information. I don't send many emails there for can't remember who I last sent one to. So they wont let me in. I just don't know what else to do. MC costs a lot of money to use and as a pensioner I just can't afford it. Can you help please. My account was *****@******.*** I am now using *****@******.***. Kind regards ***** *****

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sheila my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

When you attempt to reset the password ***** you have any other options to reset it such as an alternate email address on the account or a phone number?

I am assuming you did notas you had to fill out the form.

How many times do you think you have tried to fill at the form at this point?

Please let me know.

Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I must have filled the form out about five times

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

What will happen after 3 failed attempts is that they will no longer view any forms you submit unfortunately.

The problem here is that you did not keep your account recovery information up to date. Many people do not realize they need to do this and they end up having to use the form which can be very difficult.

It can be very difficult if not impossible to get the account back if you cannot verify with the form. I have spent many hours researching the options and have helped hundreds of hotmail users that are in your same position.

The method I am going to share with you are not made public by hotmail but they do in fact work in some cases. You will need to be patient though as it could take a couple days. Considering you are about to lose your account though, a few days is worth the wait. It is incredibly important that you very carefully follow my instructions so you complete the procedure correctly.

An option is to reach out to a hotmail representative on their forums, they have access to look deeper into the account and sometimes can help in these situations.

What you can do is reach out to them in their public forums and they may message you or ask you to message them privately with more information.

Go to the following link and click Participate and then click Ask a question on the menu at the top (you must be logged in with a hotmail account so please create a new one if you do not have one). A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can. Here is the link to the forums:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/

Microsoft/Hotmail takes account security very serious which is why they make this so difficult and make you confirm all of that information. It is to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

I hope that this information helps you get into your account. I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating hotmail or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.

If you need further clarification please let me know.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How can I set up a new Hotmail account? Sorry to be so dim.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Oh no, you're not dim, it is confusing.

Just go to the following link to sign up for a new account:
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Once you have the account created follow my instructions above on posting to the forums. The point of the post is so we can have a hotmail moderator contact you on the forums and try and help you along.

You will still need to verify with them that this is your account but in my experience they can sometimes be more forgiving than the form so it is worth a shot.

If you have a moment please rate my service, you may continue to speak with me even after rating if you need more help with this.

Thanks,
Chris