Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

i am trying to change my microsoft password, every time i try

Customer Question

i am trying to change my microsoft password, every time i try i get a message saying that I have exceeded the daily amount of requests for this service and it won't let me go any further
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

What exactly happens at this point when you try and log into the account by going to www.outlook.com?

Please let me know the message you receive.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it asks me to put my password ***** but I have forgotten it so I say that I cannot access my a/c. then i put my alternative email address in to obtain a code, then they say that I have requested a code too many times today and to try again tomorrow! I have tried every day since Friday and receive the same message after trying just once !

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Have you ever been able to receive the code?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but it doesn't work in my phone,this was on 6th October.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Ok the code needs to be entered on the website. Also it can get very confusing if you have done so incorrectly multiple times.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. I will say before hand that I cannot guarantee I can get you in the account if you have locked yourself out but I can at least let you know for sure how to get back into the account.

If you want remote click the get extra help button. If not follow the instructions below.

From time to time microsoft will ask you to confirm that this is your account by sending you a code. If you do not have access to the account or phone number which is listed in your recovery information you can still log in.

You will see a box that says "Where should we send your code?"

Click the arrow to the right of the email address that is shown and choose "I cant verify my account"

Now click next

On the next page you may be asked for a 25 digit code, if you do not have one click No.

Click next again and enter an email address that you do have access to.

A 4 digit code will be sent to that, enter the 4 digit code on the same screen.

DO NOT click "I have a code" that is not the same thing.

Once you properly enter the code it will tell you the account will be locked for 30 days. What this means is during the next 30 days you cannot change the password ***** security information on this account.

Even though the account is locked from changing security information you may still access the mail by going to www.hotmail.com

Thanks,
Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 years ago.
Please click HERE to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes.