Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have been tearing out my hair for two weeks now. Outlook

I have been tearing out my hair for two weeks now. Outlook decided I wasn't perhaps me because I apparently forgot my password ***** after going around in circles getting codes and then not being able to apply them I went down the route of submitting two or three Account Recovery Request Forms detailing some sent emails from my account *****@******.***. I also have another hotmail account *****@******.*** but both had same password. So I've been using my daughter's account *****@******.*** temporarily. I desperately need to get back to my own account as I'm missing receiving many important work related emails. This is seriously driving me nuts. Please can you help? Thanks so much.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing problem with your outlook login, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.

michelleclive :

what email have configured with outlook.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I rated your response as bad because you haven't as yet given me any actual advice.

Please can you re-open the chat until we solve my problem??!!

" what email have configured with outlook." Is this actually a question you're asking me? Do you mean what email address am I trying to unblock? If so I already told you that in my first request post - it's *****@******.***

Please respond usefully.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
you can help me by actually suggesting a solution or things to try to do to unblock my hotmail account asap!
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.
I have helped literally hundreds of people through this hotmail lock out and am very familiar with their procedures.
I understand you are frustrated and rightfully so! SO let's start at the beginning so I can help.
At this point when you try to log into your account what exactly does it tell you? Does it say the password ***** *****? Does it say the account is blocked?
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Chris, Thanks for replying.

Two weeks ago when I went to sign in, they told me the password ***** incorrect. So I tried a few more times and then after twice receiving a code via my daughter's email *****@******.*** but then not being presented with a means of entering it, I clicked on something which took me to a form requesting info about emails I'd sent from my account (*****@******.***) in order to verify I am really me. I answered all they asked but couldn't remember the favourite fictional name I'd chosen ages ago!!!

And I also went on a Microsoft support forum(so called) but didn't get answered and now i've forgotten which forum it was! So I'm now totally despairing....

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, do not despair! You were on the right track but got a bit confused but I believe we can straighten this out together.

First, do you have access to your daughters email account at this time if we needed to have a code sent there again?

Are you open to the idea of me connecting to your computer and going through this with you? I would need to schedule you in for an appointment but probably we could do that in 20 minutes or so.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, getting confused on my PC is very usual for me I'm afraid!

Yes, I can currently use her email account.

Let's get connected and sort this headache out asap please.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Do be afraid, you are dealing with a top professional here, I have around 5000 satisified customers on this site alone.

Leave this window open and I will send you a message to get connected in the next 15 or 20 minutes ok?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes thanks that's good

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.

In order to begin I need you to download and run the connection utility which will allow me to connect to your computer.

Please click HERE to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OMG every turn seems to lead to another problem! It says I cant open Elsinore blah blah because Microsoft windows is not supported on OS X

(I'm on a Macbook Pro by the way)

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok i didnt know you were on a mac. No problem.

we will use a mac tool instead

Go to the following page:http://www.teamviewer.com/hi/download/mac.aspx

Next click where it says "For the instant customer: TeamViewer QuickSupport"

Run that, it will give you an ID and Password, provide me with those. It will say Your ID, and Your Password, those are the numbers you need to tell me.

Make sure you pay attention to your downloads.

You will need to double click it to get it to run.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID - 942 938 541

Password - 4632

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Perfect connecting now
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

Did you close it or type the wrong number? You need to leave the teamviewer box that shows the ID and password ***** it is showing as not running on my end. Please close and re open teamviewer and give me the ID and password

Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, Ill keep it up now.

ID 942 938 541

Password 3830