Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Hi Chris .My name is***** . Over a month ago I was locked

Customer Question

Hi Chris .My name is***** . Over a month ago I was locked out of my hotmail account as they said there was suspicious activity around it . I have submitted numerous forms and questionaires online to try and get back into my account and spent hours speaking to people on the phone who then give me another link to try . All these links tell me to wait 24 hours then reply that not enough info has been supplied . I have had the same account and password ***** years and nothing has changed . They asked me for the phone number I had when I set up the account. Well without wanting to sound rude I am not sure how the expect me to remember that as I have had probably 6 different phones since then . Also they are asking me for the email addresses I have sent emails to . I don't take note of the actual address and am not sure many people do when sending an email.I have reached the end of my tether now as I have recently moved house and all my information to pay my bills are within this account ,I am getting letters asking me for payments for bills then having to spend hours on the phone trying to sort them . Also I have a holiday booked and the balance was due last week ,again all that info is on an email I cannot access. It has been over a month now and I really just want someone to help me PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSEEEE. Kind regards ***** *****
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Marc my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

I am very sorry top hear what is happening and after helping about 1000 othet people in your situation I know how frustrating it can be.

At this point is your password ***** but the reason you are unable log in due to suspicious activity?

It is not telling you that your passwor is wrong is that correct?

Also which web browser are you using to try and access your account?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Chris

It sent me a warning saying there was suspicious emails about a month ago but when I try to log on now it says it does not recognise the password ***** It is the same password ***** have used for probably 10 years or so

Marc

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Marc,

It sounds more like the account was hacked and the hacker changed the password ***** you,

So now at this point if you go throuh the password ***** procedure you no longer have access to the phone numbers on the account so you need to fill in the form is that correct?

Howmany times have you failed the form at this point?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have probably failed it 7 or 8 times and used the hotmail phoneline 10 or so times

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok I am not sure who you are actually calling but hotmail does not have a phone line you can call and get help with matters like this.

It can be very difficult if not impossible to get the account back if you cannot verify with the form.

They will only view the form 3 times after that they will no longer view any form submissions and just tell you to create a mew account.

The issue here is that you did not keep that recovery information on the account up to date so you left yourself no option besides the form which is the last resort. Hotmail being a free service has no way to verify your identity remember, you do not pay them so you cannot easily verify your billing information for example. This means when you cannot verify with the form you can and will lose the account for good.

That being said I have spent many hours researching the options and have helped hundreds of hotmail users that are in your same position.

The methods I am going to share with you are not made public by hotmail but they do in fact work in some cases. You will need to be patient though as it could take a couple days. Considering you are about to lose your account though, a few days is worth the wait. It is incredibly important that you very carefully follow my instructions so you complete the procedure correctly.

First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail if you have ot done so yet. Please go to the following link to create that.
https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx

Next Go to the following link and click Participate and then click Ask a question on the menu at the top. A box will appear. In that box type what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much information as you can. Here is the link to the forums:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/

Hopefully a forum moderator will contact you nad help you get back into the account, I have seen them do it before.

Microsoft/Hotmail takes account security very serious which is why they make this so difficult and make you confirm all of that information. It is to prevent unauthorized access to your account.

If you would like I can do a remote support session with you where I will connect to your computer and make sure you have tried all of the options available and will help youwith this moderator request. IF you would like to do that click get extra help, be aware I cannot promise I can get you back into your account!

I hope that this information helps you get into your account. I would kindly ask you to remember when you are asked to rate my service you are rating me personally. You are not rating hotmail or their procedures or your frustration with the situation which I know is difficult.

If you need further clarification please let me know.

Thank You
-Chris