Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

My problem is

Customer Question

My problem is
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

At this point are you able to log into your talk talk email but just your outlook express is not working?

Please let me know so I can further assist.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I cannot log into TalkTalk despite their efforts to help (re-setting password ***** times)

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
So when you go to talk talk web mail here http://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/?check_cookie=1

What does it say when you try and log in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says my password ***** ***** (have just tried again)

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible. We will try and get your talk talk password ***** and then fix your outlook.

Remote support can save a lot of time.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue if it is possible for me to fix. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Please click HERE to connect. You will need to download and run the connection utility so if anything pops up and asks you to run or allow say yes. You should see a file called elsinore download and you will need to double click it.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Are you having trouble connecting?

You need to click the link I give you and then click agree.

Next a small file will be downloaded, pay attention to an alert letting you know that it was downloaded and choose to Run the file.

If you do not see this then hold CTRL and J to open your downloads folder and double click the file called elsinore.

Try again if it seems like nothing is happening, also please note you need to be on a windows computer for this to work, if you are using another device let me know
Please click HERE to connect.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Make sure you allow the file to run, look for any pop up that is asking you to run and say yes.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
If you do not understand computers very well and are having trouble connecting.

We can try another tool to connect.

Please click HERE

You need to save/run the program.

It will give you an ID and a Password.

Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.

Do not close the program, but leave it open.

I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This programme has now downloaded (several times) but I can't open it so see no ID or password

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

Hold down the CTRL button on the keyboard and press J to open your recen downloads. If you see a file called elsinore double click on that.

If you do not and see a file called teamviewer double click that and allow it to run. A blue box will open showing you your ID and password

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Remember to look around the screen there is likely a box you are missing that is asking you to run and you need to say yes.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You just need to click the link I give you and then click agree.

Try again if it seems like nothing is happening, also please note that you need to say yes to anything that pops up
Please click HERE to connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID ********* /p>

Password *****

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok close. I just need you to(leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9)

Do not close teh program, type the it with spaces and then the password
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 7 7 4 9 7 7 6 9 (!D) 8 7 4 9 (Password)

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Nope that ID is not working, you are very close. Please team viewer and re-open it and give me the ID and password ***** You're almost there
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You mustve closed the program, you need to reopen team viewer it will give you the ID and new password
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 7 7 4 9 7 7 6 9 (!D) 2 8 0 5 (Password)

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

You sure that ID is right? It is still saying it is not running on my end. so either program isnt open or ID changed

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Think problem must be downloaded Teamviewer 3 times, which is why I've offered 3 different passwords

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
could be, which is the current one that is open. You just want 1 open on the screen with the ID and password ***** then leave that open
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Just close it and open it.

It will say Your ID and Your Password, then give me those and dont touch anything
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to confirm:

Nos. on 1 remaining download are:

2 7 7 4 9 7 7 6 9 (!D) Password ***** 5 3 8

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
No it is not working still, I think you need to close them all, and re open that will generate a new session.

I am so sorry for the frustration, it can be really difficult if you are not that good onthe computer.

Make sure they are all closed and then re-open

Then give me ID and password
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DO you mean download Teamviewer again?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
No, but I mean you need to close it so it is not running and open it, if you dont know how then sure redownload it. As long as we get a new session open I can connect
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
the ID may stay the same but you have opened it too many times which keeps changing the password
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Seems our connection dropped again! I wonder if you are having internet connection problems which is why this is so difficult. It usually takes 1 or 2 minutes
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I was connected and it dropped what was the last password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, connection was lost. Have done as you said & new details are as follows:

###-##-####/p>
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
yes what about password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

password ***** 7 5 8

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Yeah it still shows as not running on my end. Are you positive it is open, let me know because we may have another issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it's open now.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
ok and the password ***** ***** 5758 correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, password ***** ***** 5 7 5 8

I know this is going on rather a long time, can you tell me how much it's costing?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
The price was flat rate. there is no extra charge due to time.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Team viewer is still not connecting but for now do not touch it. just leave it be. But if you see thatfile that says elsinore try double clicking it, and if a chat window opens chat wil me!
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Nope you keep giving the wrong team viewer password. i am not sure what you are looking at but whenever I try and enter it, its not accepted, it is not 5758
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Password ***** the first Teamviewer downloaded this evening was 8124. Not sure if you have already received this

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I am connected chat with me on your screen
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I cannot spend anymore time on this at the moment. I have gone way above and beyond the time allotment and I have others waiting for me, I just do not have any more time at the moment. We can try and pick this up again tomorrow if you should like also everything is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee, which you can see here http://ww2.justanswer.com/shockingly-simple-justanswer-promise

I am not sure if the problem is that your internet connection is dropping and if it is you need to speak to talk talk about that. Or it could just be that you are not familiar enough with the computer to get the remote to connect and require in person help.You closed team viewer again and I lost connection.

As for your email problem. The only issue I see is you need to get your email password ***** talk talk. once you have that then I can reconfigure your outlook express to get your talk talk mail. But unless I can connect which I have not been able to I cannot help.

I suggest you call talk talk and have them remote into your computer and make sure you can log in to the email account. Type the password ***** they give you so you don't forget. Also ask if they will fix outlook express for you. they should be able to do this. If they give you any trouble ask for a supervisor. Trust me they will do whatever you want when you get a supervisor on the line.

I am really sorry but I just cannot spend anymore time. Usually for the price paid I do an hour or two tops, we have been at this now back and fourth for nearly 4 hours. So during that 4 hours my other clients could not be helped. I am sure you understand. For now give them a call again and if you still need my help we can do so tomorrow. Make sure they get you in your account! Ask for a supervisor. Also try and get them to emote and fix outlook. If they wont I will fix it but I need a proper password.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience,
Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your last message, and sorry this all took so much time (didn't help tats I had to keep rushing away from computer).

I;m a professional writer & have been computing for over 20 years. Though I'm not particularly technical I've never come across this sort of problem before. Three times yesterday,I renewed my TalkTalk password (over the phone) and three times they were unable to fix it. Then late last night I tried once more, with yet another new password, and this time it seemed to work. I also set up another email account, which so far appears to be workng. Main problem remains however, and though TalkTalk have said it's probably the fault of email providers, who 'may not recognise' my new TalkTalk password, I'm not sure this is right. Anyway, I'll try sorting that with Microsoft & Outlook tomorrow, and if that fails will come back to you. Anyway, thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome. We can try and work on the outlook express problem another time if you should like. I am not working today.

For now I would say just use your mail by logging in on the talk talk site and we can set up a time to look at outlook express.

I am very proud of you I know it was well frustrating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can we set up a time to look at Outlook Express?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
We sure can. When is a time that works for you. Remember I am 6 hours behind you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What about 21.00 our time, 15.00 your time?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Yes 21.00 would be fine. Send me a message then please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you're ready to go ahead I'll just explain that my TalkTalk account covers 2 email addresses, my own (*****@******.***), which is Outlook Express, and *****@******.***, which is Microsoft Outlook We share a desktop computer but I also have a laptop, and as I was advised (I think wrongly) that I could not keep my email address on the laptop unless I used mail2web I also have an account with them. Yesterday, of course, In desperation I set up a new address with gmail, but Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express and mail2web are all still out of action.

Incidentally, will you need to set Teamviewer up again?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I though we said 21:00 that that is in 5 hours. If you are around in 3 hours open team viewer and send me the id and password ***** is when I will be available.
Sorry but I have other clients aside from you as well as errands I need to take care of.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, sorry. Over here it's 21.00 now and in 5 hours' time it will be 2 o'clock in the morning! I have a busy day tomorrow, so can we leave it until 17.00 (UK time).

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok I think you are 5 hours ahead of me. If you can just leave me a file on the computer with the email addresses and passwords for the accounts you need set up and leave team viewer open I can do it while you sleep.

All I will need from you once connected is the email addresses and passwords.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Emaill addresses concerned are:

*****@******.*** (Outlook Express & mail2web) ronnie*****@******.*** (Microsoft Outlook)

Have to admit I don't remember & haven't noted any password ***** may have had with Outook Express, but with Microsoft Outlook it would probably be 'cricket'. New password ***** set up with TalkTalk is '3cricket3'.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
For privacy reasons email addressees are blocked out on this site so what you typed shows up to me as***@******.***

You will need to type them on a file on your computer for me to read and then you will need to open team viewer and give me the ID and password ***** on this screeen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Last night I'm afraid both computers were accidentally turned off. One will be on to-night though, and teamviewer is open if you still feel you can do something.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok remember I need team viewer open with the current ID and Password. So leave those in your next reply.

Also you can just leave me a file on the computer with the email addresses and passwords for the accounts you need set up
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

teamviewer details are as follows:

ID: 2 7 7 4 9 7 7 6 9

PASSWORD:: XXXXX

Other info is stored as MICROSOFT JUST ANSWER (required info)

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** working on something at the moment but you are next on my to do list.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK. I hope to be asleep for the next few hours!

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will leave you notes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

TalkTalk now accepts password, and I am logged in with email address you suggested. Let's hope for the best

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,

Ok so you can log into that account now?

I can set it up in outlook whenever you would like. Just send over the team viewer password ***** you have closed it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Haven't closed team viewer, so password ***** ***** the same: XXXX

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
I am connected tell me the password ***** that account on your computer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You've done a fantastic job! Not sure what you need now, but have put team viewer password ***** TalkTalk password (which of course you know) on computer

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Nothing more needs to be done, Just use both email accounts in outlook when you would like.

When you start a new email message you will see a button that says account, use that two switch between which account you would like to send from.

Other than that you are all set. Everything is working as it should.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Won.derful! Thank you very, very much! I'll tell everyone I know about you

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
It was my pleasure!

Make sure you close team viewer now since we no longer need that password.

Thanks!