The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Excel, i have an excel workbook with multiple work sheets and

Customer Question

Excel, i have an excel workbook with multiple work sheets and wish to return certain information from various cells to a master summary:
For instance return the data in cell F12 in all 35 tabs to a master sheet
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 2 years ago.
My Name is***** will be helping you today. If I provide good service, you may ask forCustomerin your question title for your future needs.

The best way to populate a sheet with multiple values from different sheets, is via a macro. I would need to see an example of what you are trying to do to be able to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andrew and many thanks for your response, if I send you the workbook it might be easier to explain. Is that possible

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andrew, can I send you the sheet.

There is a Tab called Summary and I have included in the headings of this Tab the cell references I wish to return the information from. The common identifier is in Column A, this matches the cell G4 in each sheet.

I did try a lookup table but couldnlt get it to work

yes a lookup would not work, as I said the best bet would be a macro.

that site should tell you how to get the file to me

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachment: 2014-10-30_184131_daywork_assesssment_summary.xlsx

Thanks Andrew, please refer to the summary Tab, Column A includes the sheet identifier (which I was using to try and lookup the sheet) and then the other headings include the cell from each sheet I wish to return the data from

i have the sheet open however I still don't understand what you are getting at.

you are trying to populate that table, with those specific cells from each sheet, B14, B18, F12, ect??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Andrew, yes that is correct. The reference in Column A is from a Tab and identifies the sheet.

From each sheet I then wish to return the information contained in the cell referenced in the column

here is the first value

6593 - 070 - WVS 04003

can you tell me which sheet that refers to?
then there is a value in the ref column of

4003

does that refer to any specific sheeet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope, it is the data in Column A which refers to a specific sheet

is that just the G4 value from each sheet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

ok, so if it doesn't matter what order the sheets are in, it would be easier for me just to populate that with the G4 value from each sheet.

Here is the deal the best way to do this is with a macro, that will populate the table for you based on the cell references. The cell references should be in there own cells, so I will add another row for headings.

However there is a bit of work involved in this. I would like to send an offer of additional service for $49 I do not know what that is in pounds, That will get added to the original question value.

Is this agreeable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I will give it a go, but will the Summary sheet include all the information tabled, G4 reference in Column A, B14 in Column C etc

yep, I would populate the entire table with a macro.

I am sending the offer now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Offer confirmed

thanks, ***** ***** need a little while to work on it, will send file to you to check once it it worked on.
its done:

http://ge.tt/9AtnrB32/v/0?c

a couple of things to remember

this is a macro enabled file so you may get a security warning if you do, just click enable content or enable macro, whatever option you have, This would usually appear as a yellow bar at the top of your screen when you open the file.

I added a button to the sheet, click the button and it will populate the sheet for you.

Now if you did not enable the macro then nothing would happen

let me know if you have any problems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Andrew, tried it and it works fine.

Just a quick question, if I add any additional Tabs into the workbook in exactly the same format will they also carry into the summary sheet?

Thanks,

Nick

yes