Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My laptop takes a long time to start up. What can I do to improve

Customer Question

My laptop takes a long time to start up. What can I do to improve its performance?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Customer:
Hello! Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Customer:
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-ps7k4urd- :

Yes, I am ready.

Customer:

May I know the make and model number of your Laptop?

JACUSTOMER-ps7k4urd- :

Toshiba.C850-11C

Customer:
May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?
JACUSTOMER-ps7k4urd- :

Yes It is Windows 7.

Customer:

Since when are you experiencing this issue?

JACUSTOMER-ps7k4urd- :

For several weeks, says two months. I have been struggling with it and being patient but it still takes 20 minutes or so to become operational and reach the Internet.

JACUSTOMER-ps7k4urd- :

Is he going to come back or will someone else take his place?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You say you have posted an answer to me on the question I asked. I cannot find it. Where is it?

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I was experiencing some issues with my internet connection, and ISP could not resolve it in time.

In order to resolve the issue, please try the instructions in the link below.
http://lifehacker.com/5821865/top-10-ways-to-speed-up-windows-boot-time

Link 2 : http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,1206,l=251692&a=251692,00.asp

If you can reinstall Windows completely,that is the best way to speed up your computer.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry about the break. I had to leave my computer and go away and do other things.

My laptop has Windows 7 Home Premium.

When I switch on, I see Starting Windows on the screen. Then there is a black screen with a small white arrow in the middle. That stays for several minutes.

Then the screen lights up into a light blue screen but it goes back to a black screen for a further spell. After about 15 minutes since switching on, the light blue screen holds firm and icons and a flag-like emblem appear.

After a few more minutes, I press Start and then Internet Explorer. There is further delay here before the BT homepage begins to form and then fill up. I click the email sign and after a pause get the login box and get through to my inbox, when I am able to see my messages. The whole process has taken up to half an hour..

I would be glad of your remarks on this.

Christopher.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Are you able to backup your data and reinstall Windows? Becuase that is the best optionto speed up your PC.

Please try the instructions from the links I have given and let me know the response.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your advice. I will try to do this, and I note the links you have given.

I don't know if I can complete this today, as I have other matters to attend to, but I will let you know in due course how things go.

Christopher.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Take your time and let me know the response.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have read through the tips given on the links and will try these to see how they work

I have read through the tips given on the links and these have given me a few things to try. It may be there are some programs and files I can discard. I will see what can be done there.

Unfortunately I have other calls on my time and can spend only an hour or two each day on my computer so I have to be patient.

Thanks for your guidance.

Christopher.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi Christopher,

Take you timr and be back with the results.

S H E F I N