Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

script running on internet explorer slowing pc down

Customer Question

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Denny! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANKS BUT IT'S A BIT LATE NOW. i WIL TRY IN THE MORNING

OK, no problem. What time is it at your place now? When can you be available in the morning?

Actually, let me provide written instructions you can try yourself first whenever you are available:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows and folders.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Internet Options.
  4. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  5. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  7. Then close.
  8. Then if the issue is resolved.

If that does not work, please download and install the Google Chrome browser program at the website below:

http://chrome.google.com/

; keep all default options during installation

, then open Chrome, then go to the internet/websites in Chrome and see if it works fine in Chrome.

Please me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes that was very clear and helpful but the problem still is there on facebook page. I have upgraded to Chrome, it's a bit faster now, I will still need to share scren with you maybe tomorrow pm..

You're welcome. Since Microsoft does not support the older operating system Windows XP any more, so they do not let you update to the latest Internet Explorer version. So I recommend to use the updated Google Chrome browser; it is faster and more reliable than Internet Explorer. Please only use Google Chrome for internet / websites, then let me know how it goes any time.

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

available now

Sorry, I was not available at that time. How is it going now? Don't use Internet Explorer any more as the older Internet Explorer version on windows xp does not work or work well with many websites nowadays.

How is Chrome browser internet program working?

If you'd like to, another updated, good browser internet program is Firefox. You can download and install Firefox and see if you like it:

http://www.firefox.com/

Please let me know. Thank you,