Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

hi new laptop Toshiba, cant get it to except a password *****

Customer Question

hi new laptop Toshiba, cant get it to except a password ***** Microsoft account, did not I think enter one, will except main email address, don't have an answer to the security question, have not a clue how to resolve this ??????????
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does the new laptop have windows 8?

Is it okay to reset the laptop and start over fresh?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes window 8 installed, cant reset would let passed a security question

Here is the way to reset:

1. Turn off the laptop.
  2. Then turn on the laptop, -IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F12 key quickly and repeatedly on the keyboard until the "Boot Menu" screen appears.
  3. Using the arrow keys, select and press "Enter".
  4. On the next screen you are asked to confirm if you want to continue with recovery. Select "Yes".
  5. The computer will bring you to the Advanced startup screen.
  6. Select Troubleshoot. Under Troubleshoot you will see and “Reset”. Select Reset your pc..., and continue.
  7. Select just remove files option if prompted.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did not work turnoff/ob repeated tap f12 nothing ?

Sorry, let's try another way:

1. At the login / password ***** press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the troubleshoot / reset... option.
    (If prompted, select the "Just remove files" option.)

When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry no joy, didn't work, tried repeatedly ???

Sorry, do you see the Power icon at the login/password *****?

Can you please tell me what happens when you keep holding the Shift key on your keyboard, then click on the Power icon, then click on Restart while still keep holding the Shift key for a minute?

Does it show anything new?

You can click on the website below for video instructions how to use the Shift key method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8v9EPcBuiE