Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I need an IF command for an Excel 2010 spreadsheet to say, IF

Customer Question

I need an IF command for an Excel 2010 spreadsheet to say,
IF column J is "USD", take the figure in Column K and divide it by 1.6. then enter in column O.
If Column J is "GBP", take the figure in Column K and enter it in Column O.
Can you help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I can help you with this problem. Can you send me a sample or dummy Excel file so that I can input the proper formulas in the cells? You can attach the sample Excel file using the paper clip icon in the reply box. It is intended for pictures but it will also accept excel files.

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Chris,

I created a sample Excel file here to test your IF conditions and here is the formula and you need to enter it in column O. In my example, I used the second row, O2.

=IF(J2="USD",K2/1.6,IF(J2="GBP",K2))

That will enter in column O the value of K divided by 1.6 is J is USD. It will enter the value of K if it is GBP.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am getting in a muddle! Please could you put command onto spreadsheet I sent you?

Many thanks,

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris,

Thank you for writing back with the sample file. I successfully added the formula in column O and it is working based on the conditions you specified.

Here is the file:
http://wikisend.com/download/231060/stock_in_warehouse_report_detailed_change_usd_to_gbp_rev1.xlsx

I hope that helped.

Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you need further assistance with this, please don't hesitate to let me know, I am here to help.

Best regards,
Jess