KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Now that Skype seems to be using Microsoft as its vehicle of

Now that Skype seems to be using Microsoft as its vehicle of operation how do previous users effect the change?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 2 years ago.
KamilAnwar1 :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

KamilAnwar1 :

I also use Skype, and i have not linked my skype account to microsoft, so my skype account is running the normal way as it was before without (it being merged with microsoft), hence the merger of Microsoft & Skype; gives the user choice what they wish to do.

KamilAnwar1 :

If you link your skype to your microsoft account; The Microsoft email address you use to sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account will be shared between your accounts

KamilAnwar1 :

No other personal or billing details are shared between your Skype and Microsoft accounts

KamilAnwar1 :

When you sign in to or join Skype with your Microsoft account, your Skype contact list will include your Skype, Messenger and Facebook friends.

KamilAnwar1 :

However, if you do not like it then you can unlink accounts and get back to how it was functioning previously.