Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have lost my administration password ***** my laptop is asking

Customer Question

I have lost my administration password ***** my laptop is asking for wife's password ***** her local account
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of the problematic computer? Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Is it okay to reset the computer and start over fresh?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 8

If you reset will I loose my office 2010 e.mails

Right now, you are not able to access your Office emails nor anything else on the computer right?

Can you go to your email website on a working computer, then sign in your email address there, then do you see all your emails there?

Also, do you still have your Office 2010 disk and license/product key?

What's the model of your windows 8 computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No because I cannot sign in as administrator

Yes

I have the product key at home

Dell inspiron

Since all your emails are at your email website, then after resetting the computer, then you can just reinstall your office 2010, then it will ask you to set up your email again, then all your emails will automatically download (from the email website/server) to office 2010 again. I can provide you the reset instructions now. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will my files be safe after resetting computer

No, unfortunately not. Do you have backup?

At the login / password ***** does it show your email address?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have backed up my important files

Yes

Please try this first: Please reset your Microsoft account with that email address at the website below, and check:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

- If that does not work, you can reset the computer since you have important files backed up already:

1. At the login / password ***** press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot -> Reset your PC option, and continue.
    (When prompted, select the "Just remove files" option.)

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry but I am at the golf club until 12.30pm and I cannot log on to the clubs WIFI so can I get back to you after 1.00pm

That's okay. Please try my suggestion whenever you can, then please let me know the result. When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so we can continue. Thank you,