Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

i have a call from a co called On Line Tech asking me to get

i have a call from a co called On Line Tech asking me to get an ammyy web site is this safe
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

No this is not safe at all.

This call is 100% fraud, No one monitors your computer and would not call you.

Here is a warning from the Microsoft website on this scam
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

If they call you again just immediately hang up and never allow them access to your computer.

No legitimate tech support company will contact you first so any call like this should be ignored.

All they plan on doing is connecting to your computer and then they will lie to you and tell you have viruses and all sorts of issues which you do not and then they will try and charge a few hundred dollars to repair the fake problems, it is a very common scam.

Please do me a favor and rate my service before you go, this how i get credit for assisting you. You may reply to me even after rating if you need more information.

Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks Chris. Thought it might be fraud. Have not downloaded anything, told them I was checking with you, they will ring me back. Will not talk to them and block their number on my landline.

Great work

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome and you did the right thing by being suspicious. It is a shame when people get taken by this scam. Unfortunately those calls usually come from countries like Indiawhere authorities can do nothing.

Just hang up if they call again.