Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I haven't been able to use my new computer since I got because

I haven't been able to use my new computer since I got because I forgot the password ***** can I change the email address I put in to start from the beginning
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Ronald! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, you can. Would you like to re-set up the computer fresh?

What's the model of your new computer? Can you confirm it has windows 8?

When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will be free tomorrow

What's the model of your new computer? Can you confirm it has windows 8? Would you like to re-set up the computer fresh?

Can I provide instructions for fixing this issue now, then you can try tomorrow or whenever you are available? Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there the model of my computer is HPK 15-N270SA

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model of my PC is HPK 15-N270SA

Thank you. To start the HPK 15-N270SA laptop from the beginning, please do the following:

1. At the login / password ***** press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon, then click on Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot -> Reset your PC option, and continue.
    (When prompted, select the "Just remove files" option.)

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No menu has come up on the screen

I'm sorry, did you keep holding the key Shift key on the keyboard during the whole restart process? Were you able to follow my exact steps?

Or try another way: turn off, then turn on, then right away, keep press & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly until a menu appears, then continue: Troubleshoot -> Recovery Manager -> Windows 8 -> Minimized Image Recovery -> and continue. Full instructions:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03489643&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N614

; see section "Recovery when Windows 8 does not start correctly"

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still cant get a menu to refresh

1. Can you please reset your Microsoft account password ***** the website below using with the email address that is shown at the password/login screen on the new computer.

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

2. If that does not work, please watch the video at the website below for the Shift , Restart method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSdOc663AGw#t=22

3. If that still does not work, please watch the video at the website below for the F11 key method (it's for another HP model, but works the same):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsndnC_psSE

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou for your help im back to the start

You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.