Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have a MAC with OS X Yosemite and Office for Mac 2011. I

I have a MAC with OS X Yosemite and Office for Mac 2011. I have just bought a printer that allows me to duplex (double-sided) print, which I can do for e-mail and webpages. However using Word, the print menu does not allow me to do so.
What settings do I need to change - have tried all I can see?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Besides "Microsoft Word" and "Copies and pages" in the dropdown list, do you see any other option, such as Layout, or "Xerox features" or "Printer features", etc.? Please check all.

Do you also see Printer or Printer settings, etc. button after clicking on Print...?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have nothing else, other than selection of number of copies or range of pages to be printed

What's the model of your printer? Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The printer is a Xerox 6600DN and yes it is possible to connect directly with the printer.

However the printer prints double sided fine, if it is an e-mail or webpage - it is just that Word does not offer that option

When printing from Word, can you save it to PDF, then open the PDF file, and then print double-sided with that pdf file?

And/or can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes you can.

There is something wrong with this link - I have to leave, then go to the e-mail response that I have been charged and then connect again.

Happy for you to connect, if only we can keep the link open

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please do the following in order to connect with me:

1. Please click on the website below:
    https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webDownload=true
  2. Then download / run the file join.me when it prompts or shows
  3. Then tell me the 9 digit numbers that it will show in the join.me program.
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
  1. Please click on the website below:
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on join me - but again keep having to go back to e-mail to rejoin this link as everytime I keep being asked for money

The number is *****

You closed the join.me application already. Can you open Applications, then open the join.me application there, then tell me the new 9-digit number it will show in the join.me application, and DO NOT close the join.me application. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is a very difficult way of operating - go back and forth to e-mail to get back to you - why am I being asked for money whatever I do?

Join me is open still XXXXXXX

Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/microsoft-office/8tkg8-mac-os-yosemite-office-mac-2011.html?rpt=1350). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.