Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

GOOD AFTERNOON MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS harvey *****@******.***

Customer Question

GOOD AFTERNOON MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS harvey *****@******.*** I HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED BROADBAND SUPPLIERS FROM TALK-TALK TO BT AND FIND THAT I CAN RECEIVE EMAILS AS NORMAL BUT CANNOT SEND THEM. PLEASE HELP BT SAID I COULD KEEP MY EXISTING ADDRESS BUT NOW ADVISE ME TO CHANGE TO ONE OF THEIRS WHICH I DONT WANT TO DO. A POP-UP SAYS MY ADDRESS IS NOT RECOGNISED BY THE SERVER AND THEREFORE WILL NOT AUTHORISE.I AM OM WINDOWS LIVE MAIL.

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. Did BT mention anything about changing ports?

Also in windows live mail you still receive mail as normal correct? The only time you receive this issue is when you send?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.

If you think you would prefer remote service let me know and I will send through an offer.

Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI CHRIS, BT HAVN'T MENTIONED ANYTHING REGARDING PORTS.

THE PROBLEM IS ONLY WHEN SENDING MAIL

RGDS.

HARVEY.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Harvey,

It could be a miscofiguration with your outgoing mail server port so you may want to try changing that to port 465.

I am going to send you through an offer for remote support. If you accept I will connect to your computer and try and fix this for you.

Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,
Chris
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok here is what I need you to do to get connected.

You will need to download and run the connection utility.

Click HERE and then click agree , choose to save/run the file. You shoudl see a file being downloaded called elsinore screen connect. Make sure you allow it to run. That will connect my computer to yours.