Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Is it possible to replace Disc 1 of Microsoft Flight Simulator

Is it possible to replace Disc 1 of Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold?I as k as my Disc 1 is scratched thank you.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You are probably correct about the disc being damaged. Microsoft Flight Simulator Gold is very popular and not in production anymore so buying a replacement may cost a lot.

I have a couple of suggestions for you to try before looking to buy a new disc, microsoft will not replace the disc for you or anything like that.

First, try some other disc and make sure it is not your CD drive that is having the issue. Any disc should do, but you want to rule out the possibility of the drive having an issue before moving on.

If the drive checks out as OK then do the following.

Follow the steps in this guide on repairing the CD:
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratched-CD

Another option is to download the trial version and see if you can use your activation code to just activate it. I have not tried this myself so I am not positive if the trial version is the full version of the software. Most microsoft product trials are the full version and you can just enter your license to activate it.

Here is the download to the trial:
http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXTrialVersion.aspx

Aside from what I mentioned above the only option would be to buy a new disc. If you find that the CD drive is not working with any disc reply back and let me know.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service which is how I receive credit for my time speaking with you. You may still reply to me at no extra charge after rating should you need to continue the discussion or have follow up questions.

Thanks,
Chris