Terry G
Terry G, Programme Director
Experience:  Extensive experience of Excel, Powerpoint and Word particularly in the use of Excel macros and VB user forms.
81137986

fogot my user details and my password ***** phone wont let me

Customer Question

fogot my user details and my password ***** phone wont let me innokia635
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Terry G replied 2 years ago.
Terry G :

Terry G :

Hi - My name is ***** ***** although I'm more of a PC expert than a phone expert, I might be able to help. Have you forgotten the email address on your windows account as well as the password?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

ok the email is the only one I use

Terry G :

Is this the email address that you used when you first set up the phone?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

no it just keeps asking for my Microsoft username and password ***** don't know it hi terry are you still there?

Terry G :

I'm still here. If you don't have a Microsoft account it usually gives you the option to create one when you first set up the phone. If you have an email account that is Hotmail, Live or Outlook (e.g. Hotmail.com, live.com, live.co.uk, etc.) you will already have a Microsoft account. So, if you have one of these email addresses and you know the password ***** can sign in using this account.

Terry G :

You can also create a new Microsoft account from a PC or laptop by going to https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1 Once you have done this, try signing in on your phone using the new account and password. If this doesn't work, let me know and we can look at some other options.

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

still tryin

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

back again no joy so far

Terry G :

Hi. Have you tried setting up the new Microsoft account?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

yes seems I must not be doing somtehink wrong

Terry G :

If that doesn't work we can then try a soft reset, then a hard reset. This could mean that you lose all your personal data and any apps you have downloaded, but it should reset the phone to its original factory settings and allow you to start from scratch.

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

ok

Terry G :

Are you happy to go ahead and try the reset?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

yes

Terry G :

Ok. Can you remove the battery from the back of the phone?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

yes done

Terry G :

Ok. Now put it back in again. When you have done that, press the power button and hold it down until the logo appears (should take about 10 seconds). Release the power button when you see the logo.

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

ok done

Terry G :

Can you access any of the menus?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

yes

Terry G :

Has this solved the problem? Can you get to your apps and the main screen?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

yes

Terry G :

OK. Try switching it off and then back on and see if it is still asking for a password, etc.

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

it is saying sign in

Terry G :

So, this is still the same problem?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

it is giving me a errorcode800c0019 when I get to sign in

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

yes

Terry G :

Ok. We'll try to get to the factory reset. Switch it off again and wait for about 10 seconds. Then try holding the power and volume buttons simultaneously (both buttons on the right side) for about 10 seconds until the phone vibrates and reboots.

Terry G :

Let me know if you can access the main screen menus.

Terry G :

Any luck?

JACUSTOMER-uchu8wmm- :

will be in touch later SHEILA

Terry G :

Ok.