Cris
Cris, Computer Expert
Experience:  I have 10 years covering all types of software. Backup software, Office, photo and video editing, online software.
10156100

Case number ********** My VISTA computer was hacked, so

Case number **********
My VISTA computer was hacked, so I phoned Microsoft.
They cleaned my computer, but it was still running very slow, so he said I should convert to Windows 8. The Microsoft man put a buying Window on my computer for Windows 8, which I purchased on his recomendation.
I have tried to install this but I am getting a message that it can not be installed on a VISTA machine!
So what do I do now please to install the Windows 8???
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Cris replied 2 years ago.
Cris :

Cris :

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Cris :

Sorry to hear about your issue.

Cris :

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you were giving bad advice. The tech should have had you run a compatibility check on your Machine to make sure it would support Windows 8. Not all computers can go from Vista to Windows 8 because of hardware compatibility issues.

Cris :

We can try to run a defrag on your PC to see if that will boost performance. Also check how much RAM you have a upgrade in RAM will help with performance.

Customer:

RAM is 2.00GB.

Customer:

32bit. Intel (R) cored (TM)2 CPU

Cris :

You would be able to add 1 more GB to your system.

Cris :

Have you ran any defrags on your system?

Customer:

I ran defrag recently butforgotten how I did it!

Cris :

There is a software called Auslogics which is a very good defrag program. It can be downloaded for free from ninite.com

Customer:

Will 1 more GB run this software? I am thinking that I prefer to have a refund, & purchase a new computer with Windows 8 installed. My computer is 7 years old.

Cris :

If you like I can offer remote desktop support as additional service. Check a few things for you and get the defrag running for you.

Customer:

OK if that will allow the CD to install

Cris :

Unfortunately no, the install will not go through because your PC is not compatible with Windows 8

Cris :

Also at this point yes it would be best to go with a new PC. Windows Vista is horrible operating system one of the worst Microsoft made. They quickly release a new operating system, Vista had many performance issues and compatibility issues.

Customer:

Please can I have a refund of the money for the Windows 8 that was purchased on the Microsoft expert recommendation???

Cris :

I do not believe you were recommended windows 8 by a justanswer expert.

Cris :

Not sure which service you previously used and spoke with but. You would need to contact that service provider for a refund.

Cris :

Also Windows 8 usually works best with at least 4GB of RAM. No new system you purchase should come with less then 4GB.

Customer:

The answer was provide by your representative who handled the case number ********** am not sure of his mame but he was speaking from the Phillipines. I am telling the truth, I do not like people telling me they do not believe what I say! Check your case records, it will say I am telling the truth!

Cris :

We are not located in the Phillipines. You used another service provider.

Cris :

Many of those overseas companies are scams.

Cris :

You can contact your credit card company and report is fraud. They will refund your money.

Customer:

I got this advice after phoning your Microsoft help number 0344(###) ###-####

Cris :

It would be best to contact your credit card company because if you try to contact whom you spoke with they will give you the run around. The tech should have never recommended windows 8 w/o making sure your system supported it.

Customer:

Check your note for the Case number ***** have given you, is that a Microsoft reference???

Cris :

I do not know we are not Micorosoft. This is JustAnswer.com we are certified Microsoft techs.

Customer:

I thought I was talking to Microsoft! That is what I was logged in to!

Cris :

No, also the company you spoke and recommended windows 8 is also not directly with Microsoft they are third party company.

Cris :

But many of those overseas company are just a scam.

Customer:

The phone number was Microsofts, they installed Microsoft Security Essentials for free some time ago!

Cris :

OK

Cris :

Essentials is a free program.

Customer:

I can not do any more with you then.

Cris :

Do you have any further questions for me?

Customer:

no

Cris :

I understand that you may have been confused as to whom you were contacting. But please do not rate with negative rating, I have helped you to the best of my ability and hope you understand. If you have any further questions or need any recommendations please let me know.

Cris, Computer Expert
Experience: I have 10 years covering all types of software. Backup software, Office, photo and video editing, online software.