Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

why are all my help & support windows blank? is it because

Customer Question

why are all my help & support windows blank? is it because my iertutil.dll won't load?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Peter! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is Internet Explorer working? What are other some programs not working?

What's the exact error or message? i.e., does it say anything about iertutil.dll?

Did you edit any registry settings?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I had to go to bed. No Internet explorer isn't working. RevoUninstall Pro, DLL-fixer (blank), printer software not working and blank set-up screens to name a few. Most progs seem to use this (I gather it is a european font file) as I regularly get the message somthing like :- ordinal 323 not found iertutil.dll missing even though I can see it.

I'm sorry, since there are lots of issues with the computer, is it okay to reset the computer fresh? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I do that will I loose Google Chrome, Windows etc.? I believe all my data will be safe is this correct? I had sort of come to the conclusion, unhappily,that this might be the only solution.

By the way I, to the best of my knowlage, did not alter any reg settings.

You can do a remote session if you think that will help. Obviously I would prefer not to do a full reset if it can be helped.

By the way what happens to my Kaspersky pure 2.0 if we reset?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I believe my fellow expert opted out so please allow me to help you. Are you using the problem laptop now to communicate with us here?
If yes, then I suggest that I can remotely access your computer so that I can assist you in fixing the error that you are having. If the problem is so severe corruption of your system files, then I can then help you backup your files and other stuffs so that you can perform the factory restore. The factory restore will wipe everything out from your system and then reload the fresh copy of your Windows 7 so you will end up like a brand new computer, that is why we need to backup everything before doing the factory restore.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou Jess M. Yes I am using the problem laptop now to communicate with you. Yes you can remotely access if you tell me what to do.

Peter

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter,
Thank you for writing back with your permission to use remote access.
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Jess. Yes please I want remote option. I will try almost anything to fix this problem. I've been suffering for over 2 years now, tried knowledge bases, help lines etc. but to no avail

Peter

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Peter for your permission to use remote access.
I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Peter,
I am sorry but I cannot locate the additional service offer button to send you the offer. Nevertheless, let us just proceed with the remote session.
For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, we can use Team Viewer.
Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
In that page, please click on the link that says "Join Remote Control Session" and you shall be able to download the remote tool for free. After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess, Team Viewer ID= 387 873 228

P/W= 04

peter

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Peter, thank you for the info but the 04 password ***** ***** Please keep the team viewer window (do not close it) but please give me the right password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry 4404 (sometimes this laptop freezes in mid type)

Peter

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I am connecting now.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Peter, I will just standby here until you are back from restarting the computer.
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Peter,
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access. Please run the team viewer tool and then give me the new digits so that I can remote back in.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

lap top on.

Team Viewer loaded

ID= 387 873 228

P/W= 6038

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Connecting now.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Peter,
I am standing by, please give me the new digits so that I can reconnect.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Team viewer ID 387 873 228

P/W 3288

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Connected now.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
After restarting, please give me the new digits to reconnect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID 387 873 228

p/w 1138

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Connected now and working on the issues.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Jess M sorry the delay. I have to go into hospital for a few days. would it be possible to carry on hopefully Friday or Saturday? If not thank you for all your help. I shall certainly give you top ratings.

Peter.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Peter,
Thank you for writing back. No problem, please take your time and we can surely resume when you are available on Friday or Saturday. Just reply to me by then so that we can resume the remote access session.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Jess M

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, Peter. I am glad to be of help. Talk to you by then...
Regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Jess M

Peter here. Thankyou for all your help last week. I've got all my data backed up on Knowhow Cloud so am going to get a re-set from currys where I bought it. Thank you again for trying to fix it. I will certainly give you an excellent if you tell me where I should put it.

All the best Peter

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Hi Peter, Thank you for writing back. I am sorry but I did not understand your question. Where you should put what?

Are you referring to the data that you backed up? Or are you referring to the reset discs?

Best regards,

Jess