Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I purchased a new laptop 3 years ago and asked office

Customer Question

I purchased a new laptop 3 years ago and asked office pro 2010 to be installed, which it was. It now seems I was ripped off because I am getting a notice that I must licence the product. The person who installed MS office has left the country and won't help me. If I buy and install the same product what will happen to all the stuff I have accumulated in the unlicensed produce over the past 3 years?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say accumulated, you mean the word documents, excel files ect you have made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - word docs, emails in outlook etc.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This will all be ok, they are independent from the programs themselves.
You can even copy them to other computers and use them.
So once you have installed a correct version of office, they will continue to be usable Saba.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I do have another question - how easy is it to install? I am getting on in years and am not as computer savvy as I once was (not that I was ever much of an expert!), but having been ripped off once I am reluctant to get someone in to help me. Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Very easy, you put the disk in, it will start automatically, and will tell you what to click on the screen. It is just Yes, Yes, Next ect. Nothing complicated
It is very very easy to do, and when you have it, and have any problems, just let me know here, be glad to handle any questions you have then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry to be a nuisance, but as I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina it will take a long time disk to reach me by post. and I am partly disabled and find it difficult to get around to shop product in a computer store, so I would prefer to download and pay online. Would you recommend that or should I try to get hold of a disc?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your in no way a nuisance.
You can also get it online, its just a little tricky to install as opposed to a disk.
If you want as an additional service, I can right now, go to your computer, we can get it online together, I can then install it and leave you with everything working.
Is this an option ? It is optional, but this means everything is done by me?
It is optional and I made the request, just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that sounds good, what would you charge service?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
IT is $49 as I would sign onto your computer and go through the whole process which can be time consuming.
But it means it is all done .
Else you can get the disk when you have a chance, and as I mentioned, run the installation this way.
This is no problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would like to do that as I don't want to run the risk of messing things up! thank you. What happens now?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you see the popup additional services, please click Accept on it and we can start.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

4 1 8 4 7 1 9 6 4

password ***** 1 1 6

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you