Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

help I am having problems getting calls from someone who say

help I am having problems getting calls from someone who say they are from microsoft and that i have alerts and warnings who they will fix charge also i think i have lost my drive
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is a scam service that called you, it is a very common trick they do to try to gain access to your computer and install viruses and hack your online bank accounts.
First, did you give them access to your computer? Please let me know as it is very important.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they asked me to press logo plus r and also to type in teamevent i think there was also other things

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, did you give them a code and password ***** Teamviewer Ian?
As then they accessed your computer and this is a problem.
What I can do though, is access your computer and make sure no viruses have been installed and nothing is altered on your computer. And if it was, undo what they have done
I can be trusted as I have been with this company 5 years helping 1,000's of customers such as yourself with this problem.
You can see my profile here
Click me to view
Can I as an additional service do this as this may be easier ? Else we can continue via messaging here
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they asked me then to enter something which i cannot remember then permission to connect to my computer it was then i switched off

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you switched off your computer, you are ok Ian.
With the computer off, they did not access your computer, and once you turn it on again, they need a new code to connect, so they could not connect when you turned it on again.
Note that no company will ever call you about this. IT is a scam that has been going on time. You can see Microsoft;s response about it here
http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx
But in the end, if you did not request help, you should always be suspicious of someone calling you to offering it. And no one can see alerts and problems on your computer from a remote location.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.