Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have an additional hp laptop windows 8, on starting up I

Customer Question

I have an additional hp laptop windows 8, on starting up I have cocked up the password ***** can get no further, I have an additional pc windows 7 which is fine, how can I correct the initial mistake I have made?
regards Bernie
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To check, you just setup the Laptop correct? From new, but put in the wrong password? So there is no data of yours on the Laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, that is correct, this was the first initial attempt at starting up, I do hace a seperate pc which is on windows7, the new lap top is windows8.1

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We will then reset the Laptop so you can re set it up again.
To do this, hold down SHIFT and with it held down, on the log in screen click the power icon and choose Restart (still with Shift held down)
Let it restart until it enters a menu and when it has, release Shift.
Then click on Troubleshoot, then Reset Your PC
This will then reinstall windows to a new computer and you can then run through the setup, setting a new Password *****
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.