Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I get message when starting which says " This copy of windows

I get message when starting which says " This copy of windows 7 is not genuine". I bought it from Nadeem Ahmed, director, of Caspo Systems. He is a well respected IT person in this, Blackheath, LONDON SE3 area.
He replaced my hard disk and put Windows 7, 64 bit on the machine, saying that it would be faster, which it is.
I paid him in full work. (£140 approx)
His address is www.caspo.co.uk.
His phone no. is ***********
I am sure he must do business with you. Can you sort this problem out, please?
I shall not be around rest of today.
Many thanks,
Derek Freeman
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.
Derek my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.
This is not something I can sort out . This message happens when windows was not activated correctly or the copy of windows which was installed on the hard drive is not genuine meaning the licence copy is invalid or in use elsewhere.
This could just be a simple error or oversight on your technicians part.
My advice to you is to call your technician and have him repair the issue at no charge to you. A genuine license is going to need to be entered into the machine and your technician should have this information. As I said this is not something that can be done on my end.
Since you just paid it is your right to have it repaired in full and this is not repaired as there is an issue. Call your tech and have him complete the job to your satisfaction 100%.
He may be able to walk you through it over the phone but you will need the license number that he used and has access to.
Please take a moment to rate my service advice before you go, this is how I receive credit time.
Thanks,
Chris