Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

on my pc I can't login to windows 7. Everything seems to be

on my pc I can't login to windows 7. Everything seems to be working ok but I just get the message The user Profile Service failed the login. User profile cannot be loaded. Can you help please?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.

Sue! Thank you question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then try the option Last known good configuration if it appears, then check. If not or if it does not work, please try the F8 key method again, then select then you select Safe Mode, then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore finishes, then check.

Does that work? Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can provide another solution if there is still issue. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

, I tried the first option but it didn't work and I can't seem to get back to that screen every time I try again I just get the logon screen?

Please try this again: turn off your computer.

, then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier)

, then select then you select Safe Mode option.

, then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore finishes, then check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You are a star it worked I have managed to login. Any idea why it happened and what I can do to stop it happening again?

Thank you. Great. It's not something you did. Sometimes, windows or updates just got corrupted on its own, but the good thing is, this issue rarely occurs, and you can always use my instructions next time as needed. Just make sure you have an antivirus/security program installed on your computer. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much patience