Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I've switched from plusnet to bt as internet provider. I was

I've switched from plusnet to bt as internet provider. I was told that I would just keep my madasafish.com address but Microsoft outlook won't ket me access my emails and asks password ***** doesn't seem to work anymore. bt not helpful saying it should work - but it soen't! what should I do?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The domain madasafish.com is hosted by Plusnet when I look up the records.
When you cancelled your service with Plusnet you also cancel the service domain. This means the domain stopped becoming yours and became Plusnets.
If you go to www.madasafish.com you see Plusnet is now using it themselves.
You are going to have to contact Plusnet and reinstate at least the service Domain, and then transfer it to another company such as Godaddy.com or similar in order to maintain ownership of the domain.
But currently the problem is that Plusnet now have control of it and this is why your password ***** not work anymore.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem is that the email was working perfectly well until today when I switched my broadband from plusnet to bt. bt assured me that I would be able to keep my current email address *****@******.***. However when i try to access emails I get a box asking me to type my username and password. The boxes are all filled with the previous correct info but it won't allow me acces to my emails. This is a bit of a disaster as I cannot send or recieve anything. I contacted a bt operative who said that they were not trained to deal with this and that I needed to contact "microsoft outlook". Is ther any way around this or do I just have to start again with a new email address (presumably from bt) and somehow try to extract all my contact so that I can tell them of the change ?

Julian Breeze

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes, but the domain was not passed to BT Julian, Plusnet still own it and have locked it down, hence the passowrds not working.
It is nothing to do with Microsoft Outlook (that is only a client).
You need to contact Plusnet, this is currently where the domain resides and they are the ones controlling this.
I am not passing you off, just telling you exactly what is going on after looking up the DNS records domain.
Contact Plusnet and find out why they have not transferred the domain to BT if this was the agreement with them before you switched. This is where the problem lies.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues