Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

l lost my Microsoft password?

l lost my Microsoft password?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you referring to the password ***** your Windows computer? Or to your Microsoft Hotmail email account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

to windows computer.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Roy
Which version of windows are you running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows 7.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** Roy, what is the make and model of the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

dell vostro

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. option,
Turn on the computer.
As the computer starts, press on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
You must press before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.
Press the on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press .
Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.
Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
Click Next.
The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.
3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself
Save this file to your computer
Click Me
After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.
The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
Choose the appropriate version system (at present, version 3.1 Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."
After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.
Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.
This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0
After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.
You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.
If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.