Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a an 11 year old Dell computer using Microsoft Works

I have a an 11 year old Dell computer using Microsoft Works word processor. When I send a document by Email attachment, my contacts cannot download them. I have tried to transfer the documents to a PDF format without success because the message reads "unsupported format". Can you help me?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you download the free program Cute PDF from my link below
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp
Once downloaded and installed, it will add a virtual printer on your computer.
When added, print your Works document to this printer, and it will make a PDF version of it that anyone will then be able to view.
You can then send this PDF version.
I can also do these steps , and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) . Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The link "CutePDF" is not working from your message.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is working here Philip when I click it.
What do you see when you click it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see a hand with a yellow exclamation mark

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, strange, looks to be an issue on your computer as it works on all the computers here.
But I have a direct link to the file so it can download.
You can use this link and the file will download to your computer
http://tinyurl.com/3c9k9
Then run and install that file.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have typed in the first link into my search engine and it has worked ok. I have used it successfully. Your second link has the same problem - a hand with an exclamation mark - but I don't need it now. Thank you help.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
You can now make the PDF's?
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.