Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

My new 8.1 machine never closes its windows. My old W7 machine

My new 8.1 machine never closes its windows. My old W7 machine used to close the previous window when I opened a folder but the new one keeps it open and I end up with 40 or 50 windows all open on top of each other its driving me mad.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
,
. I look forward to helping you today.
May I ask which "windows" you are referring to? Are they file windows, Internet Explorer windows, or something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My Docs

Then a folder called car info

then Ford

then Escort

then engine

THEN you can open the word doc you want to work on.

However, instead of all those 'layers' of folder windows closing when you drill down another layer, as they used tp on my windows 7 machine, they stay open and after a couple of hours you end up with 50 or 60 or more on on top of each other and the machine then starts to get confused. Surely they should close after you select the folder you want?

Thank you kindly update.
You can fix this problem by doing the following:
- Press the two following keys at the same time: Windows key and the letter R
- Type: controL foLders
- Click Ok
- On the top of that new window, choose the "Open each folder in the same window"
- Click Ok.
I look forward to your next message or your rating below.
To rate me, you can click one of the faces below and click Submit or click the Accept button.
If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com
Thank you again,
- Jason