Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have had a problem with a long running script message which

Customer Question

I have had a problem with a long running script message which appeared every time I opened the Facebook page. I have cleared that using your Mr Fixit programme. But I still get error on page messages in the bottom left hand corner and when using Facebook it gradually becomes disruptive. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which internet browser you are using?
eg: Internet Explorer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Internet Explorer

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Then restart the computer and check if you still have the issue.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps .
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Let me know the results please
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did that but still got the problem. I will use extra help.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I have made the offer again, please accept it
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I will do that. Please note that the long running script message has now come back on Facebook! OK, the ID is 4 6 3 2 9 2 3 9 7 and the password ***** 7 7 5 5

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.