Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am involved in a major legal case in the Irish Courts. My

Customer Question

I am involved in a major legal case in the Irish Courts. My computer was hacked into by the defendants and is now a crime scene with the police who are investigating the hacking.
I purchased a new computer and when I loaded all my back-up files from disks, I could not open them. I then purchased Office 365 use. I have been sent all around the world past month trying to get the Word programme to work. Eventually one technician in the Phillipines was able to load the Word program, but I still cannot open my old files. I keep getting the message "This file requires a newer version of the Microsoft Works Converter than is currently on your system. I have tried to download it but keep being unsuccessful. Can you please help me.
Yours,
Richard Bunyan
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It appears the files are from a new version of works then is compatible with the version of word you have installed.
Can you download the workds converter from my link below please
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12
Then convert your documents and then try to open them in word. They should then open.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps .
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Let me know the results please
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.