Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Is there a simple tool to produce Security Tips to users at

Customer Question

Is there a simple tool to produce Security Tips to users at logon
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are these computers networked? And signing into a windows network?
Or just stand alone computers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they are. Its a ubiquitous Windows 2008r2 AD Solution. There are only around 30 users, so its a small concern.

I was asked (im there Security Consultant) to provide simple daily security advice. I immediately thought yes no problem a simple daily changing logon message ought to do it.

Im well aware of using GPO logon script and message title but its not dynamic enough (and im not there all the time).

I was amazed at the dirth of any such solution that would throw up a simple daily (or even weekly) changing simple security message, that the user would have to dismiss before continuing

rgds

Stu

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Stu.
The solution is via the Logon Script, as this is the only way to get a message to pop up and what I was going to suggest.
But there is no security tips tool, although you could make the script in the login batch to display a particular message depending on the date and pre program this with all your messages eg: month?
That would make it in some way dynamic. And then VPN in to the server to updatee the messages.