Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

How do I create a named distribution list email con

How do I create a named distribution list email contacts?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which email program you are using please? eg: Outlook 2013?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think I may use Outlook. I usually just go into my Yahoo mail box and click on compose and then send,

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the Yahoo interface Sue.
To do this, click on the Contact icon in Yahoo
Then you see New List
Click in this and type in a List Name
Then click on it
Click New Contact and the contact will then be added to this list. You repeat this many contacts as you wish.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps .
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

New List doesn't come up on the contacts icon. That is why I have the problem.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
what you have to do is click on the TO
And then click on View and you select the list there Sue.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I clicked on TO as suggested and then view - but it just gave me the option of all contacts and not List

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It can take a minute to synch but if you created the List Sue, and it has contacts in it, it will show when you click on the View.
just wait a minute after creating it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't created the list yet because I haven't had the option to create a list that is why I have the problem. I can add individual contacts but I want to create a group list so that I can send a monthly email to a group of Rambling Friends.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Understood Sue, and that was the initial instructions I gave, on how to create the list
I think you missed this so I will repeat it again below
Then you see New List on the left
Click in this and type in a List Name
Then click on it
Give it a few minutes and then you can click on the TO when making a new email
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I didn't miss it. I click on Yahoo mail then contacts but no-where can I find New List -it just doesn't come up.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ill show you at no extra cost Sue on your computer
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID - 4 8 8 4 9 4 0 4 9

Password ***** 8 6 3 3

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Shown how to make the list
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues