Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Richard last night i updated my windows 8 -windows 8.1

Hi Richard
last night i updated my windows 8 -windows 8.1 now it seems i cannot get into my laptop, what could be the issue?
Fiona.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi Fiona and thanks for requesting me.
Ok, it seems when the update occurred it used your Microsoft account to secure the computer.
If you go to my link below, can you sign in on that account?
Click me to open
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is what it says,That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different email address or get a new account.

Microsoft account What's this?

Password

Keep me signed in

Sign in with a single-use code

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Fiona,
Something really wrong has occurred on the Laptop during the update
When you restart the computer, does it go to a sign in page or straight to the windows start screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it cannot restart i just need to force it to close then put it back on, when it comes on the first page is get online then settings then sign in, plus when it was updating i change the email address to *****@******.*** and kept the same password ***** now on the sign in part it has the old password ***** when i feed in the same password ***** shows incorrect.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, are you able to try an older password ***** once had for the account Fiona? It may be using an older one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i donot have and older account

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, then we only have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.
2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.
3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself
Save this file to your computer
Click Me
After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.
The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."
After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.
Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.
This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0
After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.
You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.
If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I put the CD in when i switched on and it said restoring my previous windows then asked me to sign in which i did and it opened then told me windows8.1 was unable to update then i closed it. i have my start page back.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so your able to access the computer now Fiona? As you said you have the start page back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i am able to access the computer, Thank You for Your assistance.

GOD BLESS YOU.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect!
We just needed to repair the corruption, it will be ok now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WHERE DO I SIGN IN TO VIEW MY MESSEGGES IN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You go to
www.outlook.com
And there is where you sign in Fiona
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.