Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

All my e mail address I had have disappeared how can I get

Customer Question

All my e mail address I had have disappeared how can I get them back. There was problems with Talk talk and people was not getting their e mails after 2 weeks it was working again. The problem was at Talk Talk. but when I stated using the e mail on Windows Live Mail, I noticed that it had lost all my e m ail; address that I had stored. How can I get them back Gillian Skelly
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.

Hi Gillian, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows XP, Vitsa, 7 or 8? Also, what is the domain name part of your email address, is it @talktalk.net?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7. Yes it is Talktalk.net

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Gillian,
Thank you for writing back with that information. Have you tried to access your @talktalk.net email account using a web browser instead of Windows Live Mail? This is to test if all your emails and contacts are intact there on the web server.
Let me know.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No have not tried that way. What do I have to do.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Gillian,
Using your web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox please go to this link:
http://webmail.talktalk.net
There, please sign in to your account and check if all missing data are still there.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The lady at talk talk did that and it was not showing any e mail addresses

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Gillian,
Thank you for that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in recovering and fixing your Windows Live while you watch?
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($10.99) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes you can access

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Gillian,
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access.
Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gillian,
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, we can use Team Viewer.
Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
In that page, please DO NOT click on the big green "Download" button. Instead, please click on the link that says "Join Remote Control Session" and you shall be able to download the remote tool for free.
After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** you will see in the small team viewer window so that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

507 849 896

366

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Gillian,
I tried to connect but your team viewer is NOT running. Did you close it? Please open or run it again and please do not close it. Then please give the 9-digit ID and password ***** that I can connect. Passwords are usually 4 digits
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

507 849 896

366

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Gillian,
The password ***** is incorrect. Please give me the correct password ***** shown there in the team viewer window.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

507 849 896

1064

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Gillian, thank you and I am now connected and will now work to fix the problem.
Regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Gillian,
Thank you for your patience. The issue was resolved through remote support. All your contacts are intact now.
If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.
Best regards,
Jess