Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Using MS7 mail merge. I complete the entries but only one label

Using MS7 mail merge. I complete the entries but only one label will print - not a sheet. Also each time I make an entry the programme moves from mail merge to home32
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is a common problem that occurs if you do not set the merge up correctly.
I will list out the steps you need to do to have the merge work correct
To create mailing labels, from the Mailings tab, in the Start Mail Merge group, from the Start Mail Merge dropdown, click Labels. The Label Options dialog box will be displayed.
If necessary, change the Printer information detail. Select the name of the company whose labels you are using from the Label vendors dropdown, then select the relevant Product number. Click OK.
In the Start Mail Merge group, from the Select Recipients dropdown, select one of Type New List, Use Existing List or Select from Outlook Contacts. If required, locate where your list is o you computer.
If needed, click Edit Recipient List to choose specific people to create labels for.
In the Write and Insert Fields group, click Address Block and ensure the fields match what are required. Click OK.
In the Preview Results group, click Preview Results; you will only see one address per sheet of labels.
In the Write and Insert Fields group, click Update Labels. You will now see an address on each label.
In the Finish group, from the Finish & Merge dropdown, click Print Documents to print labels.
It should then print correctly on all the Labels.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried your suggestions but still print one label only. Where is the 'Write and Insert Fields Group' ?

You will undertand that I am no way an expert !!!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I have a guide here for you David, that steps you through this with pictures which may be easier for you
Click me to view
This will lead you through the entire process, but in addition to the instructions I gave, it shows some screenshots.
Let me know how you go with this please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard thank you so much your latest reply was perfect and resolve my problem.

Regards David

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect David! We just needed to get the steps correct.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues