Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am being asked by a company called UKTech based in Birmingham

Customer Question

I am being asked by a company called UKTech based in Birmingham England who say they are working for you. They say there is a problem with the server and are asking for money as they say they have fixed the fault. My bank have refused their request for payment. Can I get Microsoft protection direct I have very little money and I am a pensioner I am finding this all very worrying. Please can you help me with this as a matter of urgency as this UKTech keep calling about 20 times. Thank you.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is a scam, there is no problem with any servers of yours or your computer. This is a common trick and the company is usually from india, pretending to be within the UK.
Do not pay them, and this is why the bank refused the payment.
Ignore their requests and if they call you again, hangup the phone. It is a common scam so just don't pay or converse with them in any way and you will be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My computer is about 4 or 5 years old it has become very slow can you help me to make It quicker I am becoming very worried about it I am afraid to turn it on. This is the second time I have been targeted is there any way I can stop this happening.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, you can't stop them calling you Anne, this is because anyone can call you, so you just have to be very careful with who you converse with on the phone, and unless you own a company, there is no IT company that would call you, so hangup on these straight away.
I can as an additional service, connect to your computer and clean it up, removing unneeded processes, and optimize the hard drive so the computer runs as fast as possible. This is a service I do for my customer. It is an additional service and I have made the offer to you. If you accept it, I can connect and do this all for you.
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you let me know much this will cost me for you to clean my computer up. It is off at the moment and I will need to turn it on. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is $29 US (so about 20 pounds)
I made the offer to you, so if you accept it I can connect to the computer and do this.
You see the offer to the right of this answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will pay the £20 do I need to turn the computer on?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes please and then come to this question page and accept the offer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have turned the computer on
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now come to the question page here on the computer please
www.justanswer.com and sign in
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have my computer on and am on the page you sai but there is no place to sign in please advise
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, ill help you with this.
Do this on the computer
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have found the log in but I don't have a password
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, choose to reset the password ***** Anne (Forgot Password) then use the new password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I have logged in but I have to go to work soon shall I leave my computer on can you fix this now p,ease thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, accept the request for the additional service, then follow the instructions below so I can connect please
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
It will give you an ID and a Password.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have clicked on team viewer and then download but mailbox said ignore it but I did what you said and clicked on download but it's stuck it says please wait while loading special offer for begin download users and nothing is happening
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is part of the problems on your computer
Click on this link and run this program instead please
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=499e6444-a0a6-4eb2-87f7-f5cd19f74135
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have put in the whole website you gave me it says search doesn't match any website
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to click the Blue TEXT Anne
CLICK THIS BLUE TEXT HERE
Then run the file please
Thats all you have to do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I clicked where it said click on blue text it's blank on my ipad
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
All this you have to be doing on the computer Anne.
Its why I had you turn on the computer and come to this website.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am on the computer but the website you gave me says there is no match and I typed the who,e thing in as it didn't come up on the screen it says no match
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You click on the link on the computer Anne.
On the computer, click the blue text
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am on the site just answer official site and clicked on just answer remote on the right but nothing says run
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I dont know what more to say Anne, in the time we have been busy with this, I have helped 6 other clients this way.
The problem is your not paying attention to my instructions, else it would have worked a long time ago.
I will try again.
ON YOUR COMPUTER (NOT your iPAD) come to this web page. so go to www.justanswer.com and sign into your account).
Then click on the blue text ON YOUR COMPUTER
THIS IS THE BLUE TEXT
It opens a page, click I AGREE and run the file
Thats all you need to do Anne, and I am then connected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am I. The site www.justanswer.com but there is no information that's says for me to sign in I have checked all the texts
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
click login top right
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked all the too are there is no entitlement to log in it says just answer official website an expert will answer in minutes and as I scroll down there is no mention to log in or at any of the toobRs at the top
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Im not sure what to say Anne, this is not as hard as this...
You need to sign into the website, which is there in the top right,
or just do one of the many instructions I have been giving.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
It will give you an ID and a Password.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in the site for www.justanswer.com and there is no category to sign in do I need to go to another page as there are several nowhere does it tell me to sign in
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, your still not following the instructions Anne.
Follow them VERY Carefully please
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
It will give you an ID and a Password.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I notice that this UKTech company have installed a teamviewer10 on my computer could this be the reason I can't sort this out. Is it possible for someone to call me and talk me through this because I have done everything you said but there is nowhere to sign in on my page I have followed all instructions
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, Run Team Viewer Anne,
Then you see the ID and the Password
Tell me that here please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I d 518 635 475 password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
perfect!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Anne, I am on your computer, sign in on that web page please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, now I can do the work
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
All done Anne,
Computer is running as fast as possible.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for your time and patience. I have been in Nursing and Scouting most of my life and computers just aren't my thing. I do my best which isn't great. Thank you once again.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You did good Anne, main thing is we got there in the end :)
All the best
-Richard