Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am having issues getting on to my hotmail account (*****@******.***).

Customer Question

I am having issues getting on to my hotmail account (*****@******.***). I have completed everything they have asked even reset my password, but i haven't got the 7 number security code. can you help
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you get the security code sent to your phone, you will see the last 4 digits of the phone number
Are these matching with your phones last 4 digits?
Let me know please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem is the phone number is ***** land line not my moblie so can't receive a text

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, go through the process again and it should give you the option to call the number so it reads out the code instead of sending it as a text message.
Choose this please Andy
Let me know the results please
To note, I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5 3 4 7 1 1 7 0 3
9 5 3 7
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

5 3 4 7 1 1 7 0 3

9 5 3 7

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Andy, I realised tomorrow is Saturday and I am not back till Monday.
Tomorrow though, use this link and fill in the questionaaire again.
Be as detailed and accurate as possible,
https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04
Let me know the results please