Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have made a list of figures and a list of tables. It's a

Customer Question

I have made a list of figures and a list of tables. It's a big document in Word 2013. I can't get them to update. The pages are incorrect and there is one figure that has not inserted. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

Two things to check:

1. Are there any captions inside floating text boxes/frames? This can cause problems for a List of Figures.

2. What field code is used to build the List of Figures? - Select the entire List and press Shift-F9 to toggle the field code. This will tell us whether you are using the SEQ field in the caption or the style to gather the info required.

Pete :

Also, if Tracked Changes is turned on and all changes aren't yet accepted, this can prevent the List of Figures and Tables properly.
Try pressing Ctrl+A to accept all changes, then Ctrl+A and F9 to update all, and try again...