michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

My computer has just updated and the opening new screen is

My computer has just updated and the opening new screen is asking for a sign in to my Microsoft account (this has never happens before) however the mail address it is sing is an old one at no longer exists
I have tried using the original passwords with this but it just Kees deferring to password *****? There is no help option on the page
I have tried resetting the account via my iPad but when I put the email it comes back with a message saying account does not exist ?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
michelleclive :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

michelleclive :

is it the windows 8 login password ***** asking for?

Customer: i am not sure i have never seen this screen before.
Customer: it just asks for me to sign into my microsoft account ?
michelleclive :

Please tell me what account login is this

michelleclive :

is it your computer login or email account

Customer: The screen is showing an old email account which no longer exists and asking me to sign in
Customer: Come back please
michelleclive :

Please answer my question so that i can proceed toward identifying the account and then fix it for you.

Customer: I don't understand what you mean
michelleclive :

is it your windows login password ***** is not accepting or its you email account which is not loggin you in.

Customer: The email account as it no longer exists
michelleclive :

are you chatting with me from the computer or you are using an i-pad

Customer: iPad as cannot get past the gun in screen on my laptop
Customer: Sign in screen
michelleclive :

hold down the power button on the laptop for 10 seconds

michelleclive :

it will shut down the power

michelleclive :

wait for 30 seconds and then power it on.

Customer: It's power back up and going thru scanning and repairing process
michelleclive :

let it complete and as it completes then you will be able to login to windows just fine.

michelleclive :

let me know if you find any problem

Customer: How do I change he email address form the one shown I n case this happens again ?
michelleclive :

you must have given the email address when you signed in to windows for the first time.

Customer: Yes but that was quite some time ago and that email no longer exists ?
michelleclive :

you can disable the email login prompt

michelleclive :

login to windows

michelleclive :

once you are there press the windows key and the letter R key together and release it

michelleclive :

you will see a run box

Customer: Thank you
Customer: I will try as soon as the scan is complete
michelleclive :

type in control userpasswords2

michelleclive :

press ok

michelleclive :

you will see user account box

michelleclive :

now under the username you will see the email address as the username click on it one time to highlight and then hit the remove button.

michelleclive :

you will get rid of it.

michelleclive :

if you find any problem let me know

Customer: Thank you I shall
michelleclive :

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further.

michelleclive :

michelleclive :

is there anything else i may assist you with?

Experience: Indept expertise on MS Office package