Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have installed Office 2013, Home and Student, successfully

I have installed Office 2013, Home and Student, successfully on my laptop, and personalised some colours. During the course of subsequent work Word and Excel are initially OK but I can't change Fill Colour or Font Colour in either Word or Excel. How can I now make these work?
Barrie A
*****@******.***
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens when you try to change the font colour? Are you getting a specific error?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The procedure I follow is the customary:

block the cells or font to be changed - click on the arrow at the icon for Fill or Font for which the tray of optional colours appears, as normal -

click on the colour

the actions of change to cells or font does not happen

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Barrie
Two main causes for this I want to firs rule out
If you are working in Outline view, make sure that you have "Show Text Formatting" checked in the Outline Tools group on the contextual Outlining tab of the Ribbon.
Make sure that you have not selected a High Contrast Windows theme.
Both these will stop it working
Can you double check this please and let me know
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That was the cause Barrie? If so, please rate my service, else let me know and we move on to the next cause.