jnayes
jnayes, Computer Support
Experience:  Network Administrator
2888018

I need to reinstall win 8,I had the upgrade from win 7 in 2012

Customer Question

I need to reinstall win 8,I had the upgrade from win 7 in 2012 ,I recently ha dproblem and ended up putting win 7 back on, then I decided to reinstall win 8,I have the two disks but have lost the email with the necessary code,I have the email that I rec when I registered for free upgrade
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I clicked wrong item and still awaiting answer
Expert:  jnayes replied 2 years ago.
Greetings

Your best bet is to click the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/esd-support-phone-numbers

Select your region for your local area. This is the digital support page for Microsoft, they'll want to confirm your identity and email address. Once confirmed, they should supply you with the upgrade code that you previously received.

To my knowledge, this is your only way of going forward short of repurchasing Win8.

Microsoft can at times be rough to deal with, if the first CSR guy turns you down, I'd attempt another call back to them providing the same info. If they refuse to budge and try to get you to buy something, don't. The reason I say that is Windows 10 is going to release very soon, and all Windows 7 and 8 users are eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 (which is basically Windows 8, with a lot of the issues fixed/addressed).

Let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you.