Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Office 365 Home annual subscription. I am using Office for

Office 365 Home annual subscription.
I am using Office for Mac 2011 across numerous Mac devices. If I subscribe to Office 365, does that allow me to use Outlook for emails on all devices?
I do not currently have Outlook and would like to be using a single desktop application and mobile device app across the board for emails so that they all sync.
Will Outlook do that, so I can use multiple email accounts (none are outlook.com) ??
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you get Office 365 Personal that comes with Outlook then yes you can. And this will work with Any Email account, it does not have to be outlook.com it can be any email service you use. You just add the account in the prgram
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for that.

So I currently use Office for Mac 2011 with no Outlook. If I subscribe to the Office 365 (full and multi-device version) then how do I get access to Outlook ? is that a separate download for the desktop Mac? How do I access it on the iPhone or iPad ? Do they have separate apps that can also be accessed offline? What are those apps called?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You will then receive the full office package on the computer which includes Outlook so you would use that.
The iPhone and iPad are not included, they do not use Outlook, they use their own email program which is built into it.
But this Office 365 is not for these devices, just for computers Eileen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh that is so annoying. So only things like word are usable across devices? Email is the one thing that seems to be impossible to have properly synced.

The cross-computer syncing is not what I need at all. Dropbox does that perfectly effectively.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You can have everything syched for email Eileen, the client does not matter.
As long as they all connect to the one email account, no matter the device, they will all be synched
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have never found a way to do that. If you can find a way for em to do that I will rate you 100 stars.

I need cross-device syncing on 1 iMac, 2 iBooks and 4 iOS devices, using multiple email accounts including several Gmails, GMX, Btinternet/Yahoo and 2 iClouds.

Having an inbox sync is usually not too bad, but SENT mails has never worked except for iCloud. The Apple Mail app is hopeless, unstable and unreliable.

Over to you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sent mails you cannot do unless the account supports IMAP
Gmail does, as does iCloud, the others do not Eileen.
Is Gmail setup for iMap?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you mean iMac or iMap?

My GMX account does support imap (attached), but it has never worked synced from my iMac

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
IMap
If your GMX account supports it, you then have to connect using iMap and not Pop
Here are the settings for the account
https://help.gmx.com/en/applications/imap.html
You need to connect on the Mac using those settings, not the Pop settings.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have updated my settings to the IMAP ones and sent a test email. That was all ok, but I don't see that sent mail on my iPhone.

Have I done something wrong?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You have to also connect the iPhone to GMX on iMAp and not Pop
All the devices have to connect with the iMap settings Eileen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks. I realise that about everything being on IMAP. My iPhone and iPad are already using IMAP and everything is fine between those iOS devices

Just all sent mail on the iMac is only on the iMac

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you on the iPhone do to Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts>Choose your IMAP account>Advanced>Mailbox Behaviors>On the Server>Sent Messages.
What is set?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It says "Gesendet" as the server is in German

Maybe I need to go into the server and make sure the Sent mails go into a new folder called SENT in English ???

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to do that on the server?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

going to try now

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

mmmm, not finding a way to do it. I have added a SENT folder on the server, but not seeing a way to make sent mails go in there.

I have had a GMX account since I lived in Germany and although it's a paid for Pro version, they do not allow me to switch it to their UK operation.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it is likely the language issue on the server.
But this is the only way to get the iPhone to synch the send folder to display it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll keep trying and thanks for your help. Have a good weekend

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Eileen
Maybe consider migrating everything to iCloud, that will ensure you see everything, or Gmail which also supports iMap.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues