Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have loaded Office 365 on to my Macbook Air although I already

Customer Question

I have loaded Office 365 on to my Macbook Air although I already have it on full download. I want to use the new style Outlook. I have upgraded and it all goes to plan. it does not appear in my dock, its in the Launch pad, when I try to open it, it opens for a second then the message that it closed unexpectedly pops up. I have reloaded it numerous time with the same results, Am i doing something wrong?
John
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When you say you already have it on full download, what do you mean with this John?
You mean you have another version installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Richard, I downloaded the small business version when I got my mac. I really like the new version of Outlook but to upgrade to it I needed to have Office 365 so I purchased a year of that to get the new Outlook version.

J

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you go to Finder, Applications and try to open it there
Does it then open John?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, well it opens for the briefest second and closes instantly.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, Hold the alt key and click on the Outlook icon on the Dock.
The Microsoft Database Utility window will appear. Click the Rebuild button.
It will now rebuild your Outlook database. Once it has finished, click the Done button.
Close the Microsoft Database Utility.
Then try to open Outlook
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I have now got it to stay in the dock. The utilities isn't coming up? its better but still drops off in 30 seconds or so.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Just to check, no database utilities window came up at all John?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and fix the issue if possible.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps for repair.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download in the top right.
Go down to "TeamViewer Quicksupport"
Click on Download and download and run the program.
It will give you an ID and a Password.
Please give me the ID (leave a space between each character eg: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) and the password ***** your next message to me here.
Do not close the program, but leave it open.
I can then connect to your computer.