Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Richard, Office 365 is not working and appears to fail to

Customer Question

Hi Richard, Office 365 is not working and appears to fail to synchronize properly. My ISP advises it is an office problem. Please can you help with a solution.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the exact error you get when it fails to synchronize properly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get an error message (Ox8004210B)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Who is the email service provider Roger?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tesco

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Roger.
In Outlook, go to File, Accounts.
Click on Settings, More Settings.
Go to Servers and set the outgoing port to 587 with SSL on
Set the incoming port to 993 with SSL on
Save this and tell me if you can now send and receive please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please