Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I have been locked out of hotmail account adfter having changed

I have been locked out of hotmail account adfter having changed password ***** security reasons - told it was accepted and now locked out?!!!
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
You shouldn't have any worries about this. The only problem is that you will have to wait a full 24 hours before attempting to sign in again with the new password. I have seen this same issue scores, if not hundreds of times.
It is a problem with how Microsoft/Hotmail forces their security policies.
In short, there is nothing that can be done besides waiting the 24 hours until the lock is removed.
Once it is removed, you can easily log in with the new password ***** created most recently.
I look forward to your next message or your rating below.
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But what if it does not work in 24 hrs - where do I go from there. Am so fed up with Microsoft always wanting to change password!?

It will be unlocked in 24 hours. Just be sure to wait a full 24 hours. To be safe, I would suggest 26 hours to be sure that you are out of the timeframe. If you try logging in again too soon, it may push back the lock time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wont know until 24 hours if we are done? Do you know if there is a phone no I can contact - want to let them know how frustrating this is?

If you do have issues after the 24 hour mark, you can definitely come back and continue with me after rating me today.
You can call the following number, if you wish to speak with someone over there. The wait time may be a bit long. They open their phone lines in 3 hours: (###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Jason - but over there - do you mean India? Had so much trouble when contacted them - line bad - english bad!!!

Sorry, no. I mean they open their lines in San Francisco in 3 hours.
If you call now, you will get some fellow in India.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think if I call them it will be fixed quickly? And how much would this cost to phone? Am so annoyed with them

They would be able to expedite the unlocking, but you would have to upgrade to "Hotmail Plus" which is $19.99 per year.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will wait till tomorrow evening and see what happens. This is not good for someone who is 68!!! Thank you

You are super welcome.
Thank you, Val.
If you do have issues later on, please come back here and continue with me on this page.
-Jason