Bryan
Bryan, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Have been using MS Office since
59162784

. long time I have been making my own recordings

Customer Question

Hello. For a long time I have been making my own recordings and burning them (.wav files)to cd using Nero or Windows media player. Some time back my computer began refusing to put these onto cd saying either 'file may be corrupt' or 'you may not have authorisation'. Files are not corrupt and they're all my own recordings. This has happened on two separate computers. Please, has there been a 'Windows update' which has caused this or do you know of any other reason that may have caused this? Thank you, ***** ***** Cornwall, UK
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

If you are using two different computers with the same result and you can play the recordings on both computers from the computer's hard drives with no problem, then my punt is it's the media that you are using.

I have seem media cause strange issues as the file checking that is conducted during the burning process is interupted.

Do you have other brand of media that you can try?

Also does the same thing happen whether you try to burn your recordings onto a CD disc or DVD disc?

A rating is only needed when we are finished. Press "Reply to Expert" to continue with the troubleshooting. Thank you!

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
JoelK :

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. My goal is to provide professional advice and excellent customer service.

JoelK :

This may be two separate problems that have happened coincidentally. The first thing that we must do is determine whether the hardware is working correctly on both computers. It is not uncommon for cd burners and especially dvd burners to fail.

JoelK :

Can your cd units play prerecorded cd's?

JoelK :

What is on the cd's that you are recording, music or data?

JoelK :

What are your computers, pc or mac?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My older pc has windows xp, my newer pc has windows 7.

Both units will play pre-recorded cds.

I can burn a video onto a DVD-R

I have tried different brands of CD-R, same result with all.

You didn't answer if that same thing happens if you try to burn these files to a DVD?

Ok let's take a different tack

If you download the free video converter here

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

and try converting the videos to mp4 and they try to burn them to a CD does it work now?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

When I tried to burn my .wav files onto DVD-R it said 'wrong disc'

I'm not concerned with video files. I just want to burn my self-recorded .wav files onto a cd to be playable in a regular cd player.

Will downloading the converter and doing that have any meaningful use? Should I try this anyway.

(Recordings I made and burned before the problem started can still be burned but not if collated with newly made ones.

This is a strange one as Nero is very good at dealing with files.

If you're just looking at making an audio cd (cda) then ANV won't be useful.

I don't know why it doesn't like the new recordings so I'm going to opt out and let another Expert have a go.

Please don't rate my service as I haven't been able to help you today.

You don't have to do anthing; your question will automatically be opened to the other Experts.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Can you try installing this Optical Disc ID program? http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/downloads/dvd_identifier_520.zipI just want to make sure your disc drive is reading the disc properly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

I have installed this.

How do I use it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any thoughts what the problem is?